Well, isn't that nice! Thank you, Wendy of LateStartStudio, for the nomination! This is a atta'girl kind of thing. And the nice part is that I nominate 15 bloggers which is a super way to spread the blog joy around. To be nominated is to win. I also have to tell you 7 things about meself.
Let's start with the nominations, ok? Not in any particular order ... and there are many more I would like to nominate here!
Brian Kasstle. Mixed media/collage artwork has a very special voice. His own hand. He's an all 'round good guy.
Textile artist, India Flint, Not All Who Wander Are Lost. Her poetic voice in words and images captures me immediately. Author of Second Skin and Eco Dye, her research and experimentation with eco dying is helping revitalize this ancient craft. India can be quite funny too - alway a plus.
Seth Aptar's The Altered Page. Artists and community. His book (and I'm honored to have work in it) The Pulse of Mixed Media was released just this month.
IHanna Andersson's iHanna. Brimming with ideas, enthusiasm, color and joy. She always lifts me up.
Rosemary Markowski's blog, Mistaken for a Rebel. This is an eclectic blog. Sustainable living, recipes, notes on writers and poets, family life. Rosemary's artwork is reflective of all of this. I adore her papier mache figures. Like Rosemary, they are quiet and reflective and subtle.
Aimee Lee's, It's my Party. Her Hanji paper works and books are magical. Very innovative work.
Lorraine Glessner's, Oh What a World. So much art! So many artists! Oh, yes, thank you Lorraine.
SRI Threads is a fabulous compendium of Japanese textiles.
Beverly Ash Gilbert, for her color sense and photography.
The Sartorialist. Oh What Fun. Just go.
A Moveable Feast. Textile heaven.
Artsyville, Aimee Dolich Myers. Enthusiastic Art Journaling and art in everyday live.
Melanie Testa. Fiber and Mixed Media and creative mojo.
Kelli Nina Perkins. Ooooo! Glowing color.
Jane Davies. Mixed Media Innovator!
Now onto those 7 personal things ...
1. I wear white sweat socks ALL the time. Love 'em.
2. I kiss my cat ON THE LIPS.
3. My idea of a really fine Saturday night is spreading out my journaling or sewing stuff and watching an old movie.
4. I've been married for 35 years this October.
5. I like my husband. I kiss him on the lips too.
6. I have a big mouth and an inability to keep it zipped. Maybe you already knew that.
7. I'm a dancin' fool. I recently broke my toe whilst dancing in my studio (ABBA came on the iPOD, I was at the mercy of the rhythm.)